The National Library of Poland undertakes activities at the forum of international library organizations, in cooperation with the national libraries of other countries, as well as through participation in European projects of digital libraries, scholarly conferences, and international book fairs.
Particularly noteworthy is the National Library’s involvement, as Poland’s sole representative institution, in the European Digital Library project “Europeana”, its active role in the TELplus project, and its membership (since January 2008) in the International Internet Preservation Consortium, whose goal is to archive world resources from the Internet and popularize relevant archival tools and standards.
The National Library of Poland actively supports Polish library and cultural institutions abroad, and seeks out Polonica in foreign libraries.
The National Library of Poland is a member of the following international organizations:
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- Conference of European National Librarians (CENL) www.cenl.org
- Conference of Directors of National Libraries (CDNL)
- Association for Information Management (ASLIB)
- International Association of Music Libraries (IAML)
- International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives (IASA)
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (LIBER)
- L'Association Internationale de Bibliophilie (AIB)
- International Reading Association (IRA)
- Bibliographical Society
- Bibliotheca Baltica
- TEL - The European Library
- Consortium of European Research Libraries (CERL)
- International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC).